Welcome to my blog,

Welcome,

To contact me by email
or visit my Stampin' Up Website



Friday, April 22, 2011

Back to Basics - This one is for all the beginners out there.

When I first joined Stampin’ Up! I couldn’t imagine being a beginner and facing all the options Stampin’ Up! had to offer so, I made a list of recommended products for the beginners to purchase, to maximize the variety of cards they could make. This was all based on theory. So tonight, I went back to basics and challenged myself to produce at least 4 cards for 4 occasions with some of the items I had on my “recommended list”. This is the result:

Congratulations on your new baby
Thanks I needed that
Happy Together
Get well wishes

In total I used;
2 sheets of coloured 8 ½ x 11 cardstock
½ sheet of 8 ½ x 11 whisper white cardstock
¼ sheet of Designer Series Paper
2 stamps sets
5 ink spots
2 lengths of ribbon
1 length of string
4 dimensionals

The tools I used where
Slicer (because I couldn’t cut a straight line if my life depended on it)
Scissors
Standard hole punch (the kind you used in school)
Snail adhesive
Sponges
Blender Pen
Versa Marker
White Gel Pen

So if you're a beginner and seeing all these blogs with elaborate cards and thinking I couldn't do that. Just remember we all started at the basics.

1 comment:

  1. Good reminder! Someone on SUDSOL was asking about what beginning stampers needed and I suggested she come here.
    Your cards are lovely and show that you don't need 'everything' to make beautiful cards! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete