Welcome to my blog,

Welcome,

To contact me by email
or visit my Stampin' Up Website



Thursday, February 2, 2012

Valentine's Day Cards

Valentine's Day, a time to make that special guy in your life a card to express how much you love him.

Here are a few samples of the ones I've been working on:

This card is a gate fold made
using Sahara Sand DSP
pattern paper, Chocolate
Chip cardstock, Sahara Sand cardstock, Outlined
Occasions stamp set from the Sale-a-bration* catalogue, the inside stamps is retired "Furnished with love", but I couldn't resist the little pun "You light up my life" with the image of a lamp.


There's something about red/white/black combination that just screams, Love. Don't you agree? I always enjoy creating different textures and apperances on my cards. On this one, I stamped the white heart with Classic Black using the Hydrangea from the "Because I care" stamp set, had fun scoring the black heart every 1/8" to give it a striped effect, embossed the red circle with clear embossing powder, superimposed two different border punches. Top all this on the Night and Day DSP (retired) and finish it off with the black and white gingham ribbon and you get my "Just for You" card.

This card was started with the new DSP Everyday Enchantment and the "Elementary Elegance" stamp set which I got for free from the Sale-a-bration* catalogue (my favorite catalogue). The crown, bird and butterfly stamped with soft suede on the very vanilla cardstock are all found in the design of the paper and the larger stamp used in the middle of the card making the designing of this card simple, as everything works together. The "Just for you" and the sentiment for the inside of the card are both from the "Precious Butterflies" stamp set. This card with the Crystal Effect added to the crown in the middle would be perfect for that "Princess, Prince, Queen or King" in your life.

*Don't forget during Sale-a-bration, for every $60.00 order you place you could get to choose from a variety of products in our Sale-a-bration catalogue.

Thanks for stopping by,

Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment